Lake County Community Corrections acknowledges that mail is of vital importance to the participants of LCCC. LCCC also acknowledges the need to eliminate any flow of contraband that may be passed through the mail.
Participant’s mail will be distributed and retained by the following schedule:
INCOMING MAIL - GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE
- All incoming resident mail that is General Correspondence (GC) will be photocopied prior to being distributed to the resident.
- The incoming (GC) mail will be opened and photocopied by the LCCC receptionist using universal precautions.
- Any discrepancies or concerns will be immediately addressed by contacting the Chief Custody Officer immediately.
- Suspect material will be investigated fully.
- The photocopied piece of mail will be provided to the resident by Chief Custody Officer or designee.
- General Correspondence cannot contain;
- Pictures or drawings of lewd acts.
- Gang signs, pictures, drawing or comments of gang activity.
- Mention of, or comments involving illegal activity.
- Mention of, or comments that disrespect LCCC staff.
INCOMING MAIL - LEGAL
- Legal mail addressed to a resident will be distributed to the proper recipient by Chief of Custody or designee. All mail is to be opened by the resident in the presence of a LCCC staff member.
RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION OF GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE
- The original piece(s) of mail will be kept in a secure file cabinet in the administrative office for fourteen (14) days.
After 14 days all mail will be destroyed.