Indiana Assistance Programs

SNAP, TANF, Medicaid

The Indiana Division of Family Resources operates at least one physical office in every Indiana county and, in order to serve Hoosiers in need, those offices remain open for business. However, in an effort to keep social contact to a minimum and prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), DFR strongly urges Hoosiers to consider submitting applications for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or health coverage (Medicaid) online. Applications can be submitted at Health coverage applications can also be completed by calling 800-403-0864.

Indiana WIC

Indiana WIC remains committed to serving families and continuing daily operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please be aware WIC local agencies have been given the flexibility to complete WIC appointments over the telephone. These appointments include
enrollment, recertification, nutrition education/issuing benefits, breastfeeding support and referrals to other services. Currently, WIC operations will vary by region/WIC local agency so please contact your local WIC clinic directly for additional details or questions. You
can find your local WIC clinic by using the “WIC Clinic Locations List” OR “WIC Clinic Locations Map” in the drop-down list to the left. Contact the state WIC office at 1-800-522-0874 or visit


For housing assistance in Indiana, such as information on the Energy Assistance Program (EAP), please contact the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority or visit

General Assistance / Utilities 2-1-1

Indiana 211 is a free service that connects Hoosiers with help and answers from thousands of health and human service agencies and resources right in their local communities - quickly, easily, and confidentially. 2-1-1 can provide assistance on:
  • Food & Clothing
  • Mental Health & Addiction 
  • Health Care
  • Housing & Utility Assistance
  • Education & Employment
  • Children & Family
  • Tax Assistance
  • Advanced Search
Call 2-1-1 or visit their website:

Landlord / Renter Resources

The following Rental Assistance programs, general information and legal assistance is available for renters and landlords in Lake County: