Clerk's Small Claims Division


The Small Claims Clerks office will process judgment payments on cases that have been awarded a judgment.  Attorneys should know that our office does NOT set up payment arraignments with the debtors and that any payments made by cashier’s check, business check or money order should be made payable to the LAKE COUNTY CLERK.

Expungements of Evictions

  • As of March 18, 2022 Gov. Eric Holcomb signed into law House Bill 1214 which allowed for the sealing of eviction cases in some instances.
  • Some of the ways that a tenant can have their eviction case sealed:
  • The case was dismissed by the court, or
  • The case was decided in favor of the tenant, or
  • The decision was overturned or vacated on appeal; and
  • There is supporting documentation for their argument; and
  • A tenant wants an eviction record sealed under Indiana Code 32-31-11 and/or Indiana Code 5-14-3-5.5 and/or Indiana Access to Court Records Rule 6(A)(2).


 2293 N Main Street
Crown Point, IN 46307

Phone: 219-755-3454